Amongst many of the regular activities, the Council organizes an annual Islamic conference in October. The responsibility to organize the conference is delegated to a local Islamic society and the Muslim Students association of the local renowned university.
The Council’s objectives for the annual conference are:
- To Educate the Muslim community and interested non-Muslims about a topic of current importance.
- To bring about a wholesome reunion of Muslim families for a whole day in Islamic environment.
- To enhance the visibility of the local Islamic organizations.
- To create a working partnership between the Muslim community and the Muslim students.
- To enhance organizational and leadership skills of the Muslim youth and community members.
- To enhance the image of Muslim scholars, take advantage of their knowledge, and promote networking with national Islamic organizations.
Islamic Conference of New England’s Annual Summary
The conference is usually attended by 500-700 Muslims and some non-Muslims.
We’d like to invite you to participate in this conference and benefit from your knowledge and in this subject.
Dr. Badawi Dweik
Br. Naim Assil
Dr. M. Saleem Bajwa
Dr. M. Riaz Khan
Dr. Abdul Cader Asmal